A Better '11
For a better 2011 (and beyond) try one or more of the following as we begin this new year.
- Make your confession of faith in Christ through baptism. Sign up this month to participate in our February baptism service.
- Take the Managing Our Finances God’s Way course to learn God’s principles for personal financial success. The course will be taught at our church beginning Sunday, January 23.
- Join those of us who use the Life Journal as a means to regularly nourish ourselves from God’s Word. Life Journalsare available for purchase (below retail cost) at the church office. Instructions and advice for getting started and staying on track are free!
- To learn how to naturally and effectively share the good news of Jesus, join a four-session Just Walk Across The Room small group. New Northwest Hills groups will begin this month and in February.
- Seal your commitment to be an active participant in God’s family by becoming a member of Northwest Hills. I’ll teach our next one-session Discovering Church Membership class on Sunday, January 23.
- Build friendships with other Christians and grow in your walk with Jesus by regularly participating in a Northwest Hills interaction group, life group or Bible study.
- Enjoy the satisfaction and many rewards of using your God-given serving gifts by joining a Northwest Hills ministry team.
- Have some fun and get to know other Northwest Hillers at Chili Bowl II on Sunday, January 30, at 5:30pm, on our Northwest Hills campus.
- “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7)
To learn more about any of these events, groups, ministries and activities, read this newsletter and our Sunday programs, check out our (soon to be brand new) Northwest Hills website, stop by the Information Center in the Lobby on Sundays, or call or drop by the church office weekdays from 9am to 4pm.
Happy New Year!
Posted on January 3, 2011
by Andy Buchanan